Welcome Talofa lava Kia orana Malo e lelei Mauri Fakaalofa lahi atu Bula vinaka Namaste Malo ni Halo ola keta Fakatalofa atu

Monday 24 August 2015

Tongan Language week 2015

Malo e lelei,
With Tongan language week nearly upon us it had me wondering what I can do with the students and colleagues I work with to celebrate and recognise  Uike Kātoanga’i ‘o e Lea Faka other than what we do already on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.  After a quick search online I found a few resources that like myself,  you may find useful.  The links to these resources are under the links/resources tab at the top of the main blog page.  
Last year I ran a competition amongst staff, providing some vocabulary every day ending with a test at the end of the week. The winner was presented with a lolly/chocolate bar Kahoa made by some of the children. The children spent all week trying to guess who the winner might be and were very excited to award the prize to the winner. 
This year I think given that the theme is Fakakaloa Aotearoa 'aki 'a e faiva 'a e Tonga – Enriching Aotearoa with Tongan arts, a quiz on symbols found on Ngatu cloth might be in order for the staff,  some artwork with the students, making good use of the resources mentioned above and several song and dance performances by our students in our community will make for a busy and wonderful week. 
 However, I would love to hear what you all have planned and any ideas you may have to celebrate at your school throughout the week. 
Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment